Kickstart Your Day With This CBD Smoothie
There are all sorts of food you can enjoy for breakfast. However, sugary cereals and simple toast don’t tend to be all that nutritious. And if you stick to a protein-rich breakfast like eggs and bacon, you’re likely to feel too full to work out and possibly weighed down by all the food in your belly.
This CBD-infused smoothie is the perfect way to start the day. It will help you get some calories in after a long night without eating. It’s also loaded with healthy fats and nutrients. The combination of natural sugars and CBD will give you the energy you need to complete morning exercises and start the day right, without weighing you down.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can change it however you want. Throw in any fruits you like to make a nutritious and delicious breakfast that never gets boring.
Check out how to make this tasty recipe below.
What You’ll Need
- 100ml oat, soya, or almond milk
- 2 tbsp dairy-free yogurt
- 1 banana
- 150g frozen berries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- Few handfuls spinach
- 1 dropper of flavored CBD oil
Step-by-Step CBD Smoothie
Add all the ingredients to a blender.
Blitz until smooth.
Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Why You Should Drink This CBD Smoothie for Breakfast
There are lots of beneficial properties packed into this glass. Many of the ingredients are loaded with nutrients, from the CBD to the various fruits. Note, however, that the specific fruits you use will affect the exact nutrient composition.
- ENERGY BOOSTING: According to a study from 2014, CBD can act as a wake-promoting agent in some users. A treasure trove of anecdotal evidence also suggests that users feel energized and focused after using CBD. If this works for you, then you’ll be raring to go in the morning after this smoothie.
- PLANT-BASED PROTEIN: There are multiple sources of plant-based protein in this smoothie. Chia seeds contain 4.7g of protein per ounce, while spinach contains 2.9g of protein per 100g. The protein in chia seeds can increase feelings of fullness, helping with weight loss.
- FILLED WITH NUTRIENTS: The exact nutrients in this smoothie can depend on the type of fruit you use. Berries tend to contain lots of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidant compounds. Plus, spinach is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, and K1, alongside calcium and iron
- BENEFITS OF CBD: The reason CBD is such a popular supplement is its vast range of potential benefits. Most people use it daily for general health and wellbeing, which is why it makes a great addition to this health-boosting smoothie.
- HEALTHY FATS: Chia seeds are pretty high in healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease.