CBD Matcha Latte: A Warming Favorite
CBD beverages are a subsection of the industry that have really taken off. They provide a super easy way to consume CBD on a daily basis, especially if you incorporate it into hot drinks that you have often.
Matcha is another hot trend that could almost rival CBD in popularity. It’s quite similar to green tea, stemming from the same plant, but it has a unique nutrient profile thanks to different growing methods.
Matcha has a similar caffeine content to coffee, but the difference is that it’s loaded with antioxidants and potential benefits. As a result, it can provide a healthy energy boost. When combined with CBD, the possibilities are excellent.
There are lots of ways to prepare matcha these days, but the traditional way is to use a matcha whisk. This is not the most authentic matcha you will ever try, but it is tasty and vegan-friendly, and we love it. Here’s how to make it.
What You’ll Need
- ½ tsp matcha powder
- 1 full dropper CBD oil
- 1-2 tsp sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¾ cup oat or almond milk
Steps to Make a CBD Matcha Latte
Add the milk to a milk frother. If you don’t have one, warm it in a small pan on the stove until nice and hot, but not boiling.
Add the matcha powder to your mug of choice. Pour over the hot water, then use a matcha whisk or mixer to dissolve the powder.
Stir in the sugar and CBD oil, mixing until the sugar dissolves. At this point, the CBD might float on top – don’t worry about that just now.
Pour in the milk. If using stove-heated milk, use the matcha whisk again to whip the milk into a frothy mixture.
Serve and enjoy!
So Much More About Matcha
This vibrant drink has some amazing potential benefits. It combines the effects of both matcha and CBD to create a super health-conscious drink. Here are some of the benefits:
- RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS: Matcha is loaded with antioxidants, which can stabilize harmful free radicals. Specifically, matcha contains catechins. One study estimates that matcha contains 137x the amount of catechins as other green teas.
- BRAIN BENEFITS: The caffeine in matcha can help to boost energy, attention levels, reaction time, and memory. Coupled with CBD’s neuroprotective properties, this makes for a powerful combination.
- HEART HEALTH: Green tea in general can promote healthy cholesterol levels, while CBD can reduce blood pressure. All in all, this combination could be good for heart health. However, drinking too much caffeine can have an adverse effect on heart health, so it’s important to consume in moderation.
- WEIGHT LOSS: Green tea extract is a very popular ingredient in weight loss supplements. In a review of 11 studies, green tea was found to reduce body weight and help participants maintain weight loss afterward.
- A GREAT MOOD BOOST: There’s little that improves mood more than a delicious, refreshing drink. This matcha latte also provides an energy boost, which is another way to boost mood. Plus, it contains CBD; a compound that many users employ for its mood-boosting effects.