CBD Hot Chocolate Bombs: The Lowdown
There is little better in life than curling up on the couch with a mug of hot cocoa. We have made it better, though, with these CBD-infused hot chocolate bombs. They’re a really awesome way to enjoy CBD hot chocolate, complete with mini marshmallows and sprinkles.
You may have heard that cannabinoids need fat to bind to, which is why CBD chocolate is the perfect edible. Drop it into hot milk, and you’ve got a mouthwatering treat that’s as effective as it is delicious.
These hot chocolate bombs are surprisingly easy to make, and they look fantastic. You could even prepare them as gifts for CBD-loving friends.
You can use whatever CBD oil you like in this recipe. Try a flavored oil, such as mint or orange, for a twist on the classic hot chocolate. Or switch up the strengths to make it a hot chocolate bomb that suits your needs. Keep in mind that the strength varies depending on what CBD oil you use, and you may need to do some brief math to work this out.
What You’ll Need
- 7oz dark chocolate
- 5ml CBD oil
- 1.5oz white chocolate
- 6 tbsp hot chocolate or cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp edible sprinkles
- Circular molds
Step-by-Step CBD Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
Prepare a bain-marie by bringing a small amount of water to a simmer in a saucepan on the stove. Place a heatproof bowl over the top; it should not be touching the water. Break up the dark chocolate and add the pieces to the bowl. Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally.
When the chocolate is fully melted and silky smooth, remove the bowl from the heat and add in the CBD oil, stirring to combine as evenly as possible.
Spoon about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each chocolate mold. Use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly around the edge of the whole mold. Scrape any excess back into the bowl. Tip upside down onto parchment paper and freeze for 5 mins.
Repeat step three 2-3 more times for thickness.
Carefully remove the chocolate from the molds. Fill half of them with 1 tbsp of hot chocolate powder and 1 tbsp of mini marshmallows.
Gently heat a plate in the microwave until it’s hot to touch. Place the empty half of the molds open-side-down on the plate to melt the edge, then attach onto the other half of the mold to secure them together and make a sphere. Repeat for all remaining cups. Chill in the fridge.
Melt the white chocolate or another chocolate of choice (using the same process as step one). Remove the chocolate bombs from the fridge and use a spoon to drizzle the white chocolate over the top. Add a few sprinkles to each one.
Now your CBD hot chocolate bombs are ready for use! Simply drop one ball in a mug of hot milk and watch as it dissolves; stir to fully mix, then enjoy.
Additional Recipe Info
There are numerous reasons why people enjoy CBD hot chocolates. Some users like to drink them occasionally to mix up their CBD practice. However, others have made CBD-infused cocoa a part of their daily routine.
Here are some awesome reasons why people use CBD hot chocolate.
- IDEAL FOR SLEEP: Many people use CBD as a sleep aid. CBD hot chocolate is fantastic for this use as its warmth can help many people to unwind in the evening. Experiment with CBD oils containing melatonin if you want a real good rest.
- EASES STRESS: It’s hard to be sad when you have hot chocolate. Many users take CBD to de-stress, too, claiming that it helps their mind experience greater clarity. Try this combo for a real stress-free evening.
- CHOCOLATE BOOSTS SEROTONIN: Chocolate alone, and dark chocolate in particular, can boost our happiness hormones. This is why settling down with a mug of cocoa can make you feel so good.
- FUN WAY TO TAKE CBD: Whether you want to make CBD hot chocolate every day or not, it’s a fun consumption method that you should try at least once. It’s tasty, relaxing, fun, and makes taking CBD something to look forward to.