CBD Garden Party Mocktail | The Lowdown
The summer months are now well on their way, and you will need a refreshing drink to cool you down. Sometimes, the online summer recipes are always cocktails. But what if you’re not drinking alcohol?
There are tons of reasons to cut down or even avoid drinking. For many, it’s a health-conscious personal decision, something that we understand deeply here at WayofLeaf.
Our CBD-infused garden party mocktail takes things to the next level with the addition of cannabidiol. We recommend using a citrus-flavored tincture for even more zingy, refreshing vibes.
With the cool ice cubes and relaxing CBD, you’ll be unwinding in the sun in no time.
And by the way, you can make this an alcoholic cocktail if you want – simply add one measure of a spirit of your choice after you add the ice. Gin, vodka, and tequila all work great. You can also make it a spritz by adding one measure of spirit and using one part prosecco to two parts sparkling water.
What You’ll Need
- 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup (125g) sugar
- 1 bag mint
- ½ cucumber
- Sparkling water
- CBD oil
Step-by-Step CBD Garden Party Mocktail
Juice the lemon and pick the mint leaves. Peel the cucumber into thin strips and set aside.
Add two stalks’ worth of mint to a bowl with 25g of sugar and the lemon juice, then muddle to release the mint flavors and dissolve the sugar.
Add the rest of the mint and sugar to a food processor and blitz until combined into mint sugar. Empty onto a plate.
Wipe a lemon wedge (you can use the juiced pieces) around the rim of two glasses, then grind the glass in the mint sugar to create a rim.
Add ice to the glass, followed by the muddled mint, a few cucumber strips, and then top off with sparkling water. Add the desired amount of CBD oil, then mix and enjoy!
Additional Recipe Info
CBD has a great many potential benefits that are being unveiled as more studies emerge. Anecdotal reports on this compound are also rife, with many people swearing by CBD.
Here are just a few of the potential benefits of this CBD-infused mocktail.
- RELAXING: CBD is renowned for its relaxing, stress-decreasing effects. Some studies show it may benefit generalized anxiety disorder and a few other forms of anxiety, so this makes sense.
- REFRESHING: A small body of research suggests CBD could be used as a wake-promoting agent. While much more research is required, many users employ CBD during the working day to boost energy and focus. So if you are working from home and need refreshment, try this mocktail.
- INFLAMMATION RELIEF: Anti-inflammatory properties are perhaps CBD’s most discussed potential benefit. This cannabinoid may be able to act as both an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant, potentially beneficial for an enormous range of purposes.
- BETTER FOR THE BRAIN: Alcohol can have a negative long-term impact on neurological health, which is one reason you might consider cutting down. CBD, meanwhile, may have neuroprotective properties. By swapping out a shot for a CBD dropper, you could do your brain some good.
- GOOD FOR THE STOMACH: Many people will be keenly aware that too much alcohol can cause severe cases of nausea and vomiting. It’s another area where replacing alcohol with CBD could be a great idea since CBD may even be an antiemetic. In other words, it may prevent nausea.