- The brand uses organic certified EU hemp
- Wide range of innovative CBD products
- It uses sophisticated extraction and purification processes
- The CBD oil (600mg and 1200mg) has kosher certification
- The website is filled with helpful information about CBD and cannabis
- The brand sells terpenes products separately
- Its products are backed by detailed scientific research
- The lab reports need updating and display a lack of detail
- No flavoured CBD oil options
Who Is Provacan?
Officially, Provacan is a trading name of CiiTECH Limited, which is registered in London.
Clifton Flack founded Provacan in 2016 in a bid to improve the standard of products available in the UK and Europe. Flack is UK-born and has approximately a quarter of a century’s experience in corporate and consumer marketing. After spending several years working within the MMJ community, he founded CiiTECH, one of the world’s biggest cannabis healthcare companies.
It is CiiTECH that’s responsible for creating the high-quality CBD products available from Provacan. Consequently, all of the brand’s products are backed by scientific research. As part of its continuing quest to provide world-leading products, CiiTECH works with educational institutions such as the Hebrew University to study CBD’s benefits. Furthermore, the organization continues to work with scientists to expand its already impressive list of products.
Provacan Overall Specs
|WayofLeaf’s Online Review Rating
|WayofLeaf’s Reliability Factor
|WayofLeaf’s Lab Report Verification
|Product Potency Factor
|$ – $$$$
|Locally Grown / Sourced
|Types of Products Offered
|CBD oil, paste, gummies, capsules, topicals, e-liquid, vape devices, isolate, and terpenes.
WayofLeaf’s Top 3 Favorite Provacan Products
Provacan sells the “usual suspects” in terms of CBD products but also adds items such as CBD paste and isolate powder that you won’t necessarily find elsewhere. As part of our Provacan CBD oil review, our team chose three of their favorite products to see if they met the high standards associated with the company.
1 – CBD Oil Drops 12% (1200mg)
The CBD oil Provacan range consists of its award-winning formula and sprays from its “Gold” collection. The CBD oil comes in four concentrations:
Each option comes in 10ml of liquid, meaning the strongest concentration has a remarkable 240mg of CBD per ml! It is a “pure” oil consisting of nothing but olive oil and hemp extract. Meanwhile, the CBD Oil Spray “Gold” also comes in four concentrations:
Once again, there is only 10ml of liquid, so these sprays also contain an impressive level of CBD per ml. The Gold spray’s ingredients consist of MCT oil, CBD, and hemp terpenes. Some users may find it more convenient to spray a few puffs beneath their tongue than to place drops of oil.
Our tester opted for the 1200mg CBD oil Provacan and placed a few drops beneath her tongue twice daily. Overall, her daily CBD consumption was about 60mg or 0.5ml of oil. She noted the ‘earthy’ taste the brand describes and found the oil a little greasy.
However, she felt that there was no question of the product’s efficacy. The oil seemed to get to work within 20-30 minutes, leaving her calm and relaxed for several hours.
The lab report is basic and only includes an analysis of the product’s cannabinoid profile. We can see an impressive number of cannabinoids apart from CBD in the product. Provacan markets its 1200mg CBD oil as 12%, and the lab report shows 12.43%, a little above the claim. However, the lab report is a year old and could use updating. We would also like a more detailed analysis of heavy metals, microbials, residual solvents, etc.
What We Loved About This Product
- A very high CBD concentration
- It contains several other cannabinoids
- A very low THC content
What We Didn’t Love
- Lack of flavor options
- The COA only looks at the cannabinoid profile
|£69.99 (£0.06 / mg)
|Type of Lab Report
|Third-Party COA (Pharm Hemp Laboratories) (COA Number – 2021-5870)
|Best Used For?
|Daily Wellness, Relaxation
2 – CBD Fruit Gummies (50 x 10mg)
The Provacan CBD gummies range is a little more straightforward. You can try the “Gold” gummies which contain 10mg of cannabidiol apiece. Choose between 10-count and 50-count containers. Like all Gold products, the gummies are made with CBD distillate, meaning there is practically no THC in them. They are suitable for vegans as Provacan uses pectin rather than gelatin.
The “standard” gummies also contain 10mg of CBD each and come in 10-count and 50-count containers. The ingredient list is almost identical to the Gold gummies, although the standard option contains beetroot red and chlorophyllin.
Our tester tried the standard CBD gummies and was pleased with the fruity flavor and decent aftertaste. He used two about an hour before going to sleep as part of his bedtime ritual. Overall, he felt that the gummies provided an element of relaxation but couldn’t be 100% sure whether the product or his general mindset did the job.
Nonetheless, he was happy to give the gummies the benefit of the doubt as they worked better than a high proportion of what he had tried. Even so, our general feeling is that 10mg of CBD is too low a dosage per gummy.
The lab report was a little confusing, and it took some number crunching to figure out how much CBD was in the product. We eventually ascertained that there was slightly more than 10mg of CBD per gummy. Once again, the report only focused on cannabinoids and could use updating.
What We Loved About This Product
- Pleasant fruity flavor
- Allows you to calculate your daily CBD dose more accurately
- Reasonably priced
What We Didn’t Love
- The CBD concentration is a little low for our liking
|£29.99 (£0.06 / mg)
|Type of Lab Report
|Third-Party COA (Eurofins Labs) (Sample # 444-2021-00135718)
|Best Used For?
3 – CBD Isolate Powder (5000mg Pure CBD)
We feel that CBD isolate is often an underrated product. This is possibly due to the idea that broad-spectrum and full-spectrum CBD is more effective due to the entourage effect. First of all, some researchers are unsure about the theory’s legitimacy. Secondly, even if it is true, it doesn’t mean that CBD isolate is ineffective!
Provacan’s CBD isolate products come in 1000mg and 5000mg concentrations. What a lot of people seem to forget is that CBD isolate is a highly versatile product. You can melt it down and add it to CBD oil or e-liquid to increase the cannabidiol content. It is also possible to add it to food or drink. Furthermore, CBD isolate is usually much cheaper than broad-spectrum and full-spectrum products.
Our tester chose to add it to the Provacan CBD oil, consuming over 200mg of the cannabinoid daily. He uses a lot of CBD to deal with an excruciating neck strain that manifests itself regularly, making it hard for him to work and almost impossible to exercise.
Generally, his level of consumption is costly, but the low cost of isolate is a big help. In any case, he felt the pain dissipate from his first CBD isolate “session” and is better able to perform daily tasks as the pain is more manageable. Our tester was highly impressed with this product.
The lab report shows that the product contains 98.17% of CBD. Unfortunately, the lab report was condensed to a single page outlining the cannabinoid content. The COA is also a year old.
What We Loved About This Product
- Its versatility
- Excellent value for money
- High CBD concentration
What We Didn’t Love
- The COA isn’t detailed enough
|£89.99 (£0.02 / mg)
|Type of Lab Report
|Third-Party COA (Eurofins) (Sample # 444-2021-00117602)
|Best Used For?
|Pain Relief, Stress/Anxiety
Provacan Q + A: What Our Readers Wanted to Know
As always, we do our utmost to ensure that our brand reviews feature as much relevant information about the companies in question. Now that we have reviewed three of Provacan’s main products, here is a Q&A section designed to answer any questions you have about the brand.
The CBD sold by Provacan comes from top-grade certified organic European Union hemp. Its full-spectrum formula ensures that consumers benefit from cannabinoids such as CBDV and CBG, great news if you’re a proponent of the ‘entourage effect.’
It uses low-temperature, low-pressure supercritical CO2 extraction to pull the compounds out of the hemp plants. According to the brand, its extraction technique enables it to maximize its extract’s CBD content while guaranteeing no residual solvents.
Provacan cures the flowers and leaves of the hemp plant naturally to optimize moisture content. Next, it compresses the dried flowers, which are added to a closed-loop CO2 system with no solvents. Once the extract is taken from the hemp, it is purified several times to ensure a safe product.
Yes, Provacan CBD oils (600mg and 1200mg only) are kosher certified via the Kashrut Division of the London Beth Din (KLBD), which is arguably Europe’s biggest and most prominent kosher certification agency. Indeed, KLBD certifies approximately 40,000 ingredients and 2,000 retail products on six continents. Provacan ensures that meat, fish, eggs, and dairy are never prepared on the same site. It also performs detailed checks of the manufacturing cycle, which is also certified, from the hemp growing process to the distribution of the CBD products.
Also, it ensures complete cleanliness during the production process via detailed supervision.
Provacan uses two different third-party labs. This is probably a good thing as it means the brand’s products pass different testing standards. Eurofins Scientific is one of the laboratories, and its COA is extremely basic, comprising a single page that outlines the cannabinoid content of the product only.
Eurofins is a French group of labs with its HQ in Luxembourg. It is considered a world leader in environment, food, and pharma product testing and has an incredible 61,000 staff worldwide!
Pharma Hemp Laboratories is the other lab in question. This company is certified under ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standards and is based in Slovenia. Again, the COA consists of one page highlighting the cannabinoid content. One would expect Provacan to have more detailed lab reports available for viewing. Also, the available COAs are about a year old and need updating.
The brand claims its products are produced with raw, all-natural ingredients and created without using insecticides, herbicides, and pesticides. It also claims that there are no residual solvents in its products. However, the COAs don’t offer proof of this which is disappointing.
On the plus side, Provacan invites people to email them if they have further questions about its lab reports.
Yes, Provacan offers a wide range of discounts, including 30% off for people over 60. A Heroes Discount offers 30% off to teachers, police, military personnel, NHS workers, and firefighters. Please note that the discount applies to all Provacan products.
Yes, it is called the Provacan Ambassador Program. You get 100 points for creating an account and 5 points for every £1 you spend. There are also bonus points for liking or sharing the brand on Facebook, following or sharing it on Twitter, following it on Instagram, and subscribing to its YouTube channel.
There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold tiers, with Gold earning you the most points. For every 100 points you accrue, you earn a £2 discount off your next purchase. When you refer a friend, you receive 200 points PLUS, and they receive a £20 discount.
Finally, Provacan has a “Gift a Subscription” option where you buy a friend or loved one a subscription to the brand’s products. You can choose to have the CBD delivered to them every two weeks or monthly. Provacan rewards subscribers with a 15% discount.
Provacan ships its CBD to customers in the United Kingdom and a host of nations within the European Union. It is also trying to expand and make its products available to North American residents. However, the brand emphasizes that customers accept all responsibility (from a legal standpoint) when they order Provacan’s CBD online.
How to Choose the Right Provacan Product
As you probably know, CBD is linked with an immense array of benefits, many of which have at least some scientific backing. Provacan sells an impressive range of CBD products, so finding the right one(s) for your needs isn’t necessarily easy. However, this section aims to help by outlining three potential benefits of cannabidiol and suitable Provacan products.
- Alleviate Anxiety: One of the main reasons why people use CBD is to help reduce anxiety symptoms. Unlike THC, cannabidiol is non-intoxicating and highly unlikely to exacerbate existing anxiety symptoms. Research into CBD’s effects on this condition reveals that high doses of up to 300mg can significantly reduce anxiety. Therefore, you might want to invest in Provacan’s CBD isolate powder as you get up to 5000mg for under £100.
- Insomnia: Lack of sleep or poor-quality sleep affects a significant proportion of the population. Global studies have shown that the prevalence of insomnia ranges from 10% to 30% of the entire population. However, there is evidence that CBD could help people relax and sleep quicker. It may also improve sleep quality and duration, although more research is necessary. Provacan’s CBD vape range could be ideal if you need help getting to sleep. When you vaporize CBD, it works faster than orally or sublingually consumed cannabidiol, and you benefit from a higher bioavailability rate.
- Arthritis: An estimated 350 million people live with arthritis, a condition that involves the deterioration of tissues around your joints. There is evidence that CBD’s possible anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects could help reduce the pain experienced by arthritis patients. Those looking for rapid pain relief may try a CBD vape product. However, Provacan’s 2400mg CBD oil drops could provide longer-lasting effects.
What Do Other Customers Have to Say?
The brand has an outstanding reputation amongst customers, showcased by its exceptional 4.6-star rating on Trustpilot from over 1,900 Provacan reviews. Unlike many CBD brands, Provacan has claimed its profile and asks for positive and negative reviews. Furthermore, it has responded to almost 60% of negative reviews to date. Here is a taster of what customers have to say about the brand.
Additional Provacan Products
It is fair to say that whatever CBD product you need, Provacan probably has it! Apart from the three products and categories outlined above, you can buy the following from this highly-rated brand.
- CBD Capsules: The standard Provacan CBD capsules come in 30-count containers, and you can choose between 6mg and 24mg of the cannabinoid per capsule. There is also a Premium Gold option featuring capsules and softgels. With the softgels, select a 60-count or 30-count bottle with 20mg per capsule. The Gold capsules contain an impressive 70mg of CBD apiece, and there are 30 in a bottle. Also, the Gold option contains practically no THC as the capsules contain a special CBD distillate.
- CBD Topicals: The Provacan topicals range is significant and includes CBD balm, blemish control gel, shampoo, soothing gel, SPF30 moisturiser, massage oil, and bath salts. Most of the products contain 100mg or 200mg of CBD, although there is the option to buy 900mg of CBD balm.
- CBD Vape: Vaping remains controversial, but its proponents say it offers a fast-acting CBD consumption method. Provacan sells a Vapepod device that is fully compatible with its range of CBD e-liquids. Besides the standard CBD e-liquid, Provacan sells products explicitly designed for daytime and nighttime use. There is also a liquid high in terpenes if you want to taste the best of what the hemp plant offers. The highest concentration product is the standard CBD e-liquid 600mg option.
- NT-VRL Terpenes: Not only are terpenes responsible for the smell and taste of the cannabis plant but they are also linked with various therapeutic benefits. Provacan has created its NT-VRL terpene range to give customers something different. The available terpene products are e-liquid and oil drops, but please note there’s no CBD.
- CBD Paste: This product is worth trying if you’re after something a little different. Provacan’s CBD oil paste contains 2500mg of the cannabinoid, and you can place it beneath the tongue as you would CBD oil. However, at 50% CBD, we should warn you that this product has a very strong hemp taste.
For the record, the “Gold” range consists of CBD distillate, meaning there’s less than 1mg of THC per container. Provacan has several 3-for-2 options to help you save money and sells several terpene-only products. Other available products on the official website include CBD bundles, Provacan Essential Vitamins, and blood tests.
Provacan Review: Final Summary
|WayofLeaf’s Overall Value Rating
|WayofLeaf’s Customer Service Rating
|Ships Outside the UK?
|Available for Online Ordering?
|Available in Retail Stores?
|Military/Veteran’s Discount Available?
|Money Back Guarantee?
|Yes (30 days)
|Provacan uses Royal Mail 24 & 48 Tracked & Signed for its UK deliveries; customers can expect to receive their orders 24-48 business hours after dispatch. However, the brand says this is not a guaranteed timeframe. Its international deliveries are dispatched via a courier service. Customers must send returns within 30 days of receiving the product(s). All returns must be unopened, sealed, and in the original packaging.
|Link to Buy
Provacan is a trustworthy brand and proves that the appliance of science in the CBD industry can be a very good thing. It sells an impressive array of products at reasonable prices and with high CBD concentrations. If you’re after a company that offers pure cannabidiol, there are few better on the market.
However, those looking for flavored CBD may want to look elsewhere as ‘taste’ is not high on the Provacan agenda. Its CBD oils taste as they should, but many people are moving away from earthy-tasting products. You can buy the CBD gummies, which taste nice, but their CBD concentration is low; about the only time Provacan falls down in this regard.
Overall, we have no issue recommending Provacan and believe it is among the finest CBD sellers in Europe.